A Place for Food and Fun

Join me as I explore the wonderful world of food.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Time for Thai

For my first official blog post, I decided to document my get together with my friends Tom and Jenn. Tom and I cook together regularly, and Jenn and I are always cooking together or going out to eat. This is one of the few times the three of us got together to cook. It's always a good time.

So, we decided to test our skills and make some Thai food. We all love spicy food and Thai is a great source for some tasty and healthy fire-food. Not to mention I had brought some Thai Red Curry Sauce back from Trader Joe's. Gotta love that store!

Here's how everything looked at the beginning of the night:

We opted to make Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce for an appetizer. So simple and sooooo good. This particular recipe gave me the opportunity to employ one of my favorite kitchen gadgets: a hand-held carrot shredder.

Jenn demonstrates.
 Used like a vegetable peeler, this handy dandy gadget yields beautifully shredded carrots:


Mix up the peanut sauce, chop some more veggies, scramble an egg, and wash some lettuce and you've got lettuce wraps. Yummy!



While we munched on those bad boys, we prepared the main course: Thai red curry. We didn't have an actual recipe for this. We chopped up some garlic, veggies, and chicken and cooked them in a wok with peanut oil.

Tom working his magic!
Once the veggies were done, it was the chicken's turn. The last step was adding the sauce and letting it all simmer into deliciousness.


Can you smell it?
To top it off, we tossed everything with rice noodles and dug in.

It tasted even better than it looked!
As I'm sure you have concluded, it was a very fun, tasty evening. I can't wait to do it again. I think the three of us need to do this more often!

Until next time, bon appetit!

2 comments:

  1. i dont even like thai food and my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats on your first food blog! (Nice pics.)

    ReplyDelete