A Place for Food and Fun

Join me as I explore the wonderful world of food.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Chili vs. Chilly

For those of you that were paing attention to the weather last week, you know how cold is was here in Colorado. For those of you who didn't, it suffices to say that I can relate to the ice cream in my freezer.

Anyway, the best way to combat the cold is to make some nice, hot comfort food. Lucky for me, I received a recipe book for slow-cookers this past Christmas. It was fate. I chose to make Turkey Three-Bean Chili. It was a pretty good recipe. I only changed one thing and added a few others to make it a bit more to my liking.

One of the greatest things about slow cookers, is that all you have to do is put all the ingredients in it and turn it on!

Oh yeah!

Nothing goes better with chili than cornbread. Usually, I just grab a box of Jiffy mix and think nothing of it. This time, I wanted the real thing: cornbread made from scratch. Surprisingly, it was very simple.

Wet ingredients is one bowl; dry ingredients in another.


Mix them seperately and then mix them together. Pour it in a pan or skillet and bake. That's all there is to it. Sorry, Jiffy.

Golden deliciousness.

And there you have it! Chili and Corn Bread. I garnished with the traditional toppings: shredded cheddar, sour cream, and chopped onions. 


I almost can't wait for the next snow storm!

1 comment: