A Place for Food and Fun

Join me as I explore the wonderful world of food.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Slow Joes

Having been so successful with the previous slow-cooker recipe, I decided to try another: Sloppy Joes. A classic recipe that always brings me back to my childhood. Remember those wonderful dinners of sloppy joes and french fries?

Well, this recipe brought it to a new level. Not just because it requires more than browning some ground meat and pouring in a can of sauce, but because all of the flavors have hours to simmer together, making what appears to be a simple dish into an absolutely delectable one.

As with a tradional sloppy joe recipe, you start with browning meat. This recipe adds in some freshly chopped onions and minced garlic.


While all of that is cooking, you put all of the other ingredients together in the slow-cooker to make the sauce.

So colorful!
Once the meat and onions are done, you put everything together and let the slow-cooker do its thing!


Then, when you can't wait any longer, you assemble your slow joe, add your favorite accesssories and beverages, and enjoy.

Now, granted, this is a little diffferent than my childhood memories, but I could get used to the adult version!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm I like your onion ring accessories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made onion rings??? Yummmy! So are you going to share this or any of your recipes? Should I send an addressed pre-stamped envelope?

    ReplyDelete