This blog post requires a short background story. My roommate, Amanda, loves waffles. Actually, she LOVES waffles. The day after she discovered that I own a waffle iron, she was in the kitchen making waffles from scratch. On average, she makes these delicious waffles once a week, with plenty leftover to freeze for later. Amanda adds chocolate chips to her waffles and graciously adds blueberries to some waffles just for me. It was time to return the favor.
I did some research and found some recipes for cinnamon-raisin waffles. After comparing ingredients and reading reviews, I selected a recipe to try.
The ingredients seem daunting, but the recipe really wasn't too complicated. Basically, all the ingredients mix together to form a batter, as anyone who has made waffles or pancakes before would expect.
Once the batter is ready, the waffle iron must be prepared like so:
Then comes the batter and the iron does the rest. Watch out for spillage:
In the end, using half of the recipe yielded 4 wonderful waffles. Amanda declared this recipe a keeper!
Breakfast has always been my favorite meal!




No comments:
Post a Comment