A Place for Food and Fun

Join me as I explore the wonderful world of food.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Potatoes O'Katie

In keeping with my Lenten theme of not eating anything unless I preapre it myself, I decided tomake my own breakfast poatoes. Potatoes O'Brian are my favorite. Another one of those foods that bring fond memories of childhood. Dad made them best. He was the first to add fresh peppers, I just took it a step further: everything is fresh and I added some freshly minced garlic.

I thought it would bemore effecient to chop a lot of vegetables and freeze them for later so I wouldn't have to do it every morning.

Once that is done, you're ready to cook. In this process I discovered the potatoes do not need to be pre-cooked in any way. Just toss a handful in a heated skillet with melted melted butter or some olive oil if you're a little bit more health conscious. After a few minutes, toss in the garlic and as much of the veggies as you want. Cook until golden.

 In keeping with tradition, the potatoes are the first step in making one of the best homemade scrambles. Put the potatoes in a dish and scramble an egg or two to go on top.
To make it complete, garnish with cheese.
No catsup required! Sorry, Ore Ida, you've been replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment